Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Midnight in the Garden

"Midnight in the Garden" -
I was invited to an event to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic and was asked to put together a look appropriate to 1912.  Having just attended the same type of event in real life,  I was familiar with the fashions of the era.  I knew the dress that was going to be the basis of the outfit. It was the new group gift release by Poulet Koenkamp of PurpleMoon. (see the original outfit here: "Marlene"). The design of the base skirt and the lovely doubled bowed sash made for a perfect start.  I moved the sash higher to create the empire waist look..and then added a black organza sheer overskirt.  Since the original Marlene dress was strapless, I needed to find the right top to get the similar look to the top that I was using for my inspiration.  A meander through my inventory revealed the perfect thing, the top from Whippet & Buck's Meela Lace Dress... with a slight color touch-up to match the skirt.. it completed the overall look.  I decided on an Edwardian hairstyle and completed the look with jewelry from Electica.

No comments:

Post a Comment